Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
May 18, 2021 7:00 PM – Locke Township Hall, 3805 Bell Oak Road, Williamston
- Call to Order and reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance:7:01
- Present: Dean Kitchenmaster, David Carlson, Matthew Flint, Marcy Shepler, Dorothy Hart, Sarah Lackey.
- Public Attendance: Bob Davis
- Agenda approved with additions; additions include webinars to New business; Solar Energy Ordinance; and Medical Marihuana Ordinance
- Motion to approve March 16, 2021 Planning Commission Meeting Minutes by Flint, supported by Carlson; motion carries: Passed.
- Old Business: Master Plan Appendix C reviewed with no changes proposed.
- New Business: Review of the Wind Turbines webinars. There was a lot of education shared on footprints, environmental hazards, and other areas of concerns to be considered with special land use permits.
MTA: Planning commission webinar was very informative. Kitchenmaster has asked that we research the availability of this webinar for members as they join the Planning Commission or Zoning Board of Appeals.
For minutes regarding zoning ordinances below, see Locke Township Michigan website to review township ordinances.
Review Zoning Ordinance 14:22 (Commercial Wind Turbo Generators) –
An application for special land use must be submitted for Commercial Wind Turbo Generators to be placed on a parcel. The application must follow the special use procedure in accordance with the zoning ordinance. No changes to this ordinance are being made at this time.
Review Zoning Ordinance 14:28 (Solar Energy System) – See Attachment
An application for special land use must be submitted for large solar arrays to be placed on a parcel. The application must follow the special use procedure in accordance with the zoning ordinance. No changes to this ordinance are being made at this time.
Review Zoning Ordinance 28.29 (Medical Marihuana) – See Attachment
This topic requires further review of updated state laws, prior to discussing any changes to the zoning ordinance. This ordinance will be discussed at the July, 2021 meeting.
- Concerns/ comments of PC members, ZA, and/or consultants.
No comments or concerns voiced at this time.
- Public comments: Concerns on the smell of marihuana have been brought up by public comment at this meeting. This will be researched and discussed as a part of the Zoning Ordinance 28.29 discussion at the July Planning Commission meeting.
- Adjournment: 7:54 p.m.