Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting Minutes
July 27, 2021 7:00 PM – Locke Township Hall, 3805 Bell Oak Road, Williamston
- Call to order and reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance: 7:04
- ZBA Members Present: David Wheeler, Laurens Montgomeries, Dorothy Hart, Sarah Lackey.
- Election of officers: Motion by Lackey to elect David Wheeler Chairperson, Montgomeries, second, motion passed. Motion by Montgomeries to elect Sarah Lackey Secretary; Wheeler, second, motion passed.
- Public Hearing, 7:34 p.m. Joanna Goss variance application: 2655 Rowley Road, 78 acre/parcel 33 04 04 31 100 009.
Public Attendance: Joanna Goss, Robert Force, Tracy Goss, Curt Baughan, Stephanie Baughan, Cory Jorgensen
- Explanation of Request: Robert Force
- Goss introduced a letter of support from parcel neighbor, Poland.
- In principle, the Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA), acknowledged and understood the desire and rational of the Goss proposal.
- Prior to the hearing, the ZBA had received a copy of the survey the township and Goss received earlier that day.
- Lackey, explained that there were several items within the proposal by Goss that needed to be updated since the original submission, and subsequent receipt of the survey.
- Other areas of concern, beyond the corrections due to the survey was the proposal to re-zone the larger parcel. The board made Goss aware that if this was their position, they need to redirect the request to the Planning Commission.
- Force/Goss voiced that there was no longer a concern over zoning due to the interested buyers proposed parcels would not need a change in zoning.
- Due to the number of variances from the survey in comparison to the Goss proposal, the ZBA made a decision to recess the hearing for up to 30 days while the proposal was updated.
- Wheeler opened the floor to public comment. There was no public issue to be resolved at this time.
- Meeting Recessed: July 27, 2021, 7:53 p.m.